Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How much should I put down under "desired salary" for a part-time job?

Question by Neon~: How much should I put down under "desired salary" for a part-time job?
I never had a job before. I am 18, and would like to get my first part-time job. On the applications, there is a section titled "desired salary" and I don't know what I should put down. It's for a retail store. I don't want to put down too little and end getting paid less than I should but then I'm also afraid of putting down too much and them not hiring me because of it. What is a good amount to ask for per hour?


Best answer:

Answer by Jake
Don't be scared ask for more then average they'll think your good at your job except u shouldn't take advise from me because for my first job desired salary i put 999999999 i got hired too.



Add your own answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I would probably go with your minimum wage or slightly higher. I worked as a retail store manager a few years ago. All cashiers started out at minimum wage. It was the managers and assistant managers that made more. However, there were regularly reviews and raises offered to those who performed well.

    ReplyDelete